To configure Microsoft PowerPoint to work with a projector in presentation mode, follow these steps:
- Open PowerPoint and select Slide Show from the menu at the top, then select the Set Up Show option.
- If you are on a laptop, press the Fn key and F8 key simultaneously to enable your laptop's secondary video output.
- In the Set Up Show options, select the second monitor choice under Display slide show on, i.e. anything besides Primary Monitor.
- Now select the check box for Show Presenter View. This will enable the presenter mode on the monitor that is selected.
- Run the presentation, your laptop screen should display an image with your slideshow and an area for your presenter notes at the bottom; while the projector should display only the slideshow.